Mandate of the Parents’ Committee
To co-ordinate the efforts of the parents within the school, to recommend and implement parent-led initiatives that enhance school life, and to provide a regular forum for parents to discuss subjects of mutual concern amongst themselves and with senior administrators.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To report and make recommendations to the board on the implementation of their particular area of the strategic plan.
- To co-ordinate parent-managed committees, e.g. the Uniform Shop, the Grad Committee, the Gala Committee and the Lunch Committee (to name a few)
- To report and make recommendations to the Advisory Board.
- Chairperson who is also a member of the Advisory Board and is a current parent
- Two parent representatives from each Form (total of 10)
- A member of the Faculty
- A representative from each of the parent-managed committees
- The Board Chair (ex-officio)
- The Principal (ex-officio)
- The Director of Advancement (ex-officio)
- A parent volunteer to serve as Secretary
With power to add.